top of page
The Immaculate Heart of Mary community of Harlingen, Texas, was granted the status of parish 91 years ago in 1927.
This was the first Catholic parish in the city of Harlingen. From this parish the following parishes were created through the years: taking the East, Saint Anthony in 1940; taking the South and the West, Our Lady of the Assumption in 1958; taking the North, Queen of Peace in 1967.
The parish was originally named Sacred Heart of Mary until about 1955 when it was changed to Immaculate Heart of Mary.
bottom of page