Rev. George Gonzalez, Ph. D., Chaplin of Prisons,
Jails,and Detension Centers, in Residence
Fr. Ernesto Magallon, Chaplain of Hospitals in Harlingen, in residence
Annita VanNess, Bookkeeper
Rosa Ceballos, Secretary
Blas Hernandez, Handy Man
Sam Rosales, Sacristan
Msgr. Luis J. Garcia, Pastor
The Immaculate Heart of Mary church of Harlingen, Texas was granted the status of parish 91 years ago in 1927.
This is the first Catholic parish in the city of Harlingen. From this parish the following parishes were created through the years: taking the East, Saint Anthony in 1940; taking the South and the West, Our Lady of the Assumption in 1958; taking the North, Queen of Peace in 1967.
The parish originally was named Sacred Heart of Mary until about 1955 when it was changed to Immaculate Heart of Mary.